Abigail Brand was a high ranking SHIELD agent who was chosen to head a new division meant to combat extraterrestrial threats, designated SWORD (the Sentient World Observation & Response Department), and is a frequent ally of the Avengers.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Due to her being a Alien-Human hybrid she has been given a set of powers which include:
- Contact Pyrokinetic: Brand has exhibited the ability to coat at least her hands in flame that is potent enough to burn through most metals via tactile contact. This flame has been shown colored both blue and red, though it is unknown whether the colors have any specific significance. Although it was originally believed that this ability stems from her half-alien heritage, Brand herself revealed that her power is the result of her half-human heritage and is mutant in nature. She has enough control over her powers to either heat or set others a flame.
- Enhanced Durability: Brand survived a laser cannon blast to the torso. How this was possible, however, has yet to be explained.
- Multilingualism: Her tongue has the ability to shape alien languages that humans are unable to make.
- S.W.O.R.D. field agent training.
- First rank armed/unarmed combatant.
- Multilingual, via alien heritage.