Albert Malik was a HYDRA doctor during WW2 as well as one of the few doctors that Red Skull trusted to operate on him. After the "death" of Red Skull and the fall of HYDRA, Malik chose to acquire all of the Red Skull's stored blood and inject himself with it in an effort to become the new Red Skull. With the new power he achieved Malik used it to escape the clutches of the SSR. He then went on to become part of the Leviathan organization and became one of its leaders. Upon learning that Arnim Zola was rebuilding HYDRA, Malik assisted.
Artificially Enhanced Body: Red Skull obtained his powers after injecting himself with the prototype super soldier serum.
- Peak Human Strength: The serum allowed the Red Skull's physical strength to be enhanced to the very peak of human potential, allowing him to military press around 800 pounds. See "Strength" below.
- Peak Human Speed: The serum allowed the Red Skull to be able to run at a speed of approximately 30 miles per hour.
- Peak Human Agility: The serum allowed the Red Skull to have agility superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed.
- Peak Human Stamina: The serum allows Schmidt to eliminate the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance. He can exert himself at peak capacity for an hour without rest before showing any signs of fatigue.
- Peak Human Durability: The serum allowed Johann's ability to resist or recover from injury and disease are superior to those of ordinary humans. This explains how he has survived the physical punishment during his career.
- Peak Human Metabolism: The serum allowed the Red Skull an enhanced metabolism allows him to heal faster than normal when recovering from injury. Gunshot wounds and broken limbs heal within days, and lesser injuries can heal in just a few hours. This metabolism also renders him virtually immune to most poisons, including intoxication by consuming alcohol.