Desmond Pitt was a former NASA worker who infiltrated Latveria on orders from S.H.I.E.L.D. until he was turned into the Cross-Species cyborg Darkoth by Doctor Doom when the Latverian dictator realized Pitt's true allegiance to SHIELD rather than HYDRA.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Darkoth was a cybernetic organism further mutated through chemical means. As a result, he possessed a variety of superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Darkoth's chemically enhanced musculature granted him superhuman strength sufficient to lift about 50 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Darkoth was capable of running and moving at speeds superior to that of the finest human athlete. He could reach a top speed of about 60 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: Aside from being superhumanly strong, Darkoth's chemically enhanced musculature produced considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activities than the musculature of normal humans. He could physically exert himself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood began to impair him.
- Superhuman Agility: Darkoth's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels that were beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Darkoth's reflexes were similarly enhanced and were superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to a combination of cybernetics and chemical mutation, Darkoth's body was considerably resistant to physical injury. Darkoth's thick purple hide could withstand the impact of high caliber bullets, artillery cannon shells, and exposure to temperature extremes, such those generated by re-entering Earth's atmosphere, without sustaining injury. Darkoth's bones had been replaced with an highly durablePromethium steel alloy. Much like his skin and musculature, Darkoth's cybernetic skeleton could withstand powerful impact forces and exposure to temperature and pressure extremes without sustaining damage.
- Flight: Attached to each of Darkoth's feet was a single pair of small, bat-like wings that allowed him to fly slowly through the air for brief distances.
- Tail: Darkoth also possessed a reptilian-like, prehensile tail that he used primarily for balance, adding onto his already superhumanly enhanced agility.
- Firehorns: Darkoth had two antennae on his head referred to as firehorns that had a few unique attributes. Through some unknown means, the firehorns fed on the mental energies of Darkoth's opponents at a maximum range of about 50 feet.