Jack Harrison was a member of SHIELD's second incarnation under Phil Coulson as a scientist. Following the relocation and TAHITI memory wipe of Mr. Hyde aka Calvin Zabo, Jack began to study Cal's serum for its potential in enhancing Agents, minus the deformities. He later made his own version of the formula and injected himself with it. The results gave Jack Superhuman abilities and it also was free of deformities as well as permanent, however given the past experiences with the Hyde formula SHIELD disapproved the use of the revised formula. Jack was later prepped as a field agent under the alias Jack Flag and recruited into SHIELD's powered individual team the Secret Warriors.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Hyde Formula: Jack possesses various superhuman attributes as a result of being doused with the chemicals that Calvin Zabo uses to transform himself into Mr. Hyde. The chemicals, which have never been identified by name, have caused some degree of body wide augmentation to Jack's physiology.
- Superhuman Strength: Zabo's chemicals have greatly augmented Jack's musculature, connective tissues and skeletal structure. As a result, Jack possesses superhuman strength sufficient to lift approximately 10 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jack's augmented musculature is more efficient than that of an ordinary human. As a result, his muscles produce less fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting him an undefined degree of superhuman stamina. Jack can, however, exert himself physically at his peak for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Jack's fortified bodily tissues are tougher and more resistant to certain injury than that of a normal human. Jack is able to withstand impact and blunt trauma forces to a much greater degree than a human. For instance, he can withstand impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories, powerful concussive blasts, and being repeatedly struck by a superhumanly strong foe, that would severely injure or kill a normal human while sustaining little to no injury to himself. However, it is possible for Jack to be injured by bladed weapons or bullets composed of conventional materials.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Due to his augmented metabolism, Jack possesses a type of accelerated healing factor that allows him to fully mend mild to moderate injuries much faster and more extensively than a normal human. Jack's healing powers are sufficient to allow him to heal from slashes or punctures within minutes to hours and a broken bone within a matter of days. The full limits of Jack's healing powers aren't known but it is believed he is unable to regenerate missing limbs or organs. For instance, Jack has is hearing impaired in his left ear as a result of injury sustained as a costumed crime fighter and his healing powers have not mended the damage done to his ear.