Jerome Beechman is a Inhuman whose transformation led him to become a super-villain that not only turned him into a humanoid Mandrill but also allowed him to control weaker-willed individuals with his pheromones.
He was later recruited into the Masters of Evil.
Powers and Abilities Edit
The Mandrill is a Inhuman and possesses a number of superhuman attributes.
- Pheromone Secretion: The Mandrill's primary mutant power is the ability to secrete an odorless pheromone capable of affecting humans with a weak mental ability, leaving them extremely submissive and open to the Mandrill's manipulations. The pheromones have a maximum effective range of 250 feet and are highly addictive. Initial contact with Mandrill and subsequent reinforcement over a period of a few months is sufficient to keep most individualsin his power almost permanently. If, however, the person is removed from his presence after the initial contact, he or she will go through a mild period of "withdrawal" and be free after a period of a few months. The Mandrill's mutant pheromones are released at a rate of 2,000 parts per million, several thousand times that of a normal human.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his simian physique, the Mandrill possesses the proportionate physical strength of an actual 270 pound Mandrill. At his peak, the Mandrill possesses low level superhuman strength sufficient to lift approximately 2,700 lbs.
- Superhuman Speed: The Mandrill can run and move at speeds that are slightly beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. At short sprints, he can reach speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Mandrill's superior musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can exert himself for a period of several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: The Mandrill's bodily tissues are harder and more resistant to certain kinds of injury than those of a normal human, though he is far from invulnerable. The Mandrill's body can withstand great impact forces. He can withstand impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhumanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself. However, he can be injured by bullets or bladed weapons composed of conventional material as easily as normal humans.
- Superhuman Agility: The Mandrill had the agility, balance, and bodily coordination of a great ape. His agility is beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The Mandrill's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.