|Red Ronin - By emersontung|
Red Ronin was developed with the assistance of Stark International by Japanese engineers. It was intended to be used by SHIELD against beasts like Leviathans. However this project was deemed as a waste of resources and abandoned. However after the monster Godzilla was revealed to be real, the Red Ronin program was restarted by SHIELD along with the highly intelligent mind of Tony Stark.
After an initial attempt to control the robot failed, Tony succeeded in piloting Red Ronin into battle with Godzilla, in an attempt to drive the beast off. Tony wished to prevent the radioactive creature from being harmed and his attempts to ward the monster off were designed to actually preserve his life. He succeeded in doing so and it was discovered that Ronin had been imprinted with Tony's brain patterns, making the robot useless without him to pilot it.
Ronin eventually wound up in the hands of Fujikawa Electronics. It was altered to look more like a samurai in appearance. Numerous military and criminal organizations such as the Hand attempted to gain possession of the mechanoid, but were foiled by Wolverine and Sunfire.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Red Ronin's design affords it a number of superhuman attributes.
- Superhuman Strength: The massive and advanced hydraulics that essentially act as the Ronin's muscles grant it vast superhuman strength sufficient to lift well in excess of 100 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: In spite of its massive size and weight, the Ronin can run and move at speeds beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Even while walking at a leisurly pace, the Ronin's stride is such that it can easily out pace the fastest human runner.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Red Ronin's highly advanced hydraulics are far superior to the organic musculature of a human being. At peak operating efficiency, the Ronin can be exerted physically for several days before various systems, particularly the hydraulics, begin to suffer from wear and tear.
- Superhuman Durability: The Red Ronin's metallic body is highly resistant to physical injury. The Ronin can withstand powerful energy blasts from the likes of Godzilla, exposure to temperature extremes, falls from great heights, powerful impact forces, and a combined assault from the Avengers without sustaining damage.
- Flight: Through the use of sophisticated rockets located in its feet, the Ronin can fly through the air at great speeds. Although the actual speed isn't known, it is well under the Speed of Sound.