Tommy Shepherd was born in a unstable house with his parents getting divorced, and resulting in him committing acts that landed him in Juvenal-Hall for most of his youth. While in Juvie Tom was exposed to Terrigen after eating one of his meals. He then experienced Terrigenisis and gained superhuman abilities.
Tom then used his new super speed to escape which earned him the nickname Speed. Tom was later caught by Quicksilver who offered him a choice go back to Juvie or find another way to work off his sentence. To which Pietro convinced him to join the Young Avengers.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Speed is a Inhuman with an enhanced physiology design for supersonic speed, including:
- Superhuman Speed:Speed can run, move and react at speeds far greater than the average human. His top running speed is unrecorded, but it is demonstrated that he can at least achieve supersonic speeds. It is unclear if his running ability exceeds that of Quicksilver given that the adult speedster was carrying Wiccan over his shoulder and was on a conversation with him during the friendly challenge issued by Speed.
- Molecular Acceleration: He can also generate hyper-kinetic vibrations that accelerate the molecules in matter, causing any solid object he directs his vibrations at to explode.
- Intangibility: He also can use molecular destabilization to walk through solid objects.
- Superhuman Stamina: Speed's physiology grants him greater stamina when compared to an ordinary human, allowing him to operate at peak capacity for at least several hours before he begins to grow tired.
- Superhuman Agility: Speed's physiology grants him superhuman agility being more flexible and having greater balance.
- Superhuman Reflexes: He's capable of reacting fast, because he's moving at superhuman speeds everything moves slower for him.
- Superhuman Durability: Speed's physiology also provides him with limited protection against impact forces and the high levels of friction that are produced when he moves at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Speed possesses a limited degree of superhuman strength, allowing him to lift about 800 lbs with his arms and 1 ton with his legs.