Paul Cartier was a scientist studying samples of blood from Xemnu after his battle with the Hulk. Paul then attempted to enhance the attributes of Xemnu's blood by imbuing it with gamma radiation. He then injected himself with it with the hopes of becoming a hulk like creature with superhuman abilities. He then took the name Wendigo after the mythological hulking beast. The Wendigo now roams the Canadian wilderness, attacking and ingesting those unlucky enough to cross it's path.
He was later recruited into the Masters of Evil.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Paul Cartier's gamma exposure transformed him into the Wendigo form and gave him various superhuman attributes.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: As the Wendigo, Cartier's senses of sight, smell and hearing were enhanced to superhuman levels. He could see objects, with perfect clarity, at much greater distances than normal humans. He retained this same clarity at night, enabling him to see perfectly in near-total darkness. His hearing was similarly enhanced, allowing him to detect sounds beyond the capability of normal humans to hear. His sense of smell was highly developed and he could track a target by a scent for many miles.
- Superhuman Strength: As the Wendigo, Cartier possessed great superhuman strength. At his peak, he possessed sufficient strength to lift at least 75 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: In spite of his great size as the Wendigo, Cartier could run and move at speeds beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: As the Wendigo, Cartier's musculature was vastly more efficient than that of a normal human. His muscles produced considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than normal human muscles. At his peak, he could exert himself for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood impaired him.
- Superhuman Durability: While transformed, Cartier's bodily tissues were much more resistant to physical injury than those of a normal human. He could withstand high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, powerful energy blasts, and tremendous impact forces, such as being repeatedly struck by the Hulk, without injury. He has also been known to take the strongest blows from Thor's hammer and managed to remain standing.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If he sustained injury as the Wendigo, Cartier's body possessed extensive healing capabilities that allowed him to repair damaged or destroyed tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human. Injuries that resulted in great blood loss and tissue damage, such as being repeatedly slashed by Wolverine's Adamantium claws, fully healed within a matter of seconds. His healing powers were developed to the point that he could regenerate severed limbs or missing organs.
- Claws & Fangs: As the Wendigo, Cartier possessed strong, razor sharp claws. Coupled with his natural strength, the claws could rend most types of materials. Cartier could use his fangs as effective weapons in extremely close quarters combat.